To make sure everyone has an amazing time on Friday we need to set up the stage area on Henry Avenue between Wharton and Main from 8am. Also, we will be closing access to Victoria Road between Wharton and Jubilee and Main Street between Victoria and just past the new library from 2.30 pm on Friday. For alternate parking check here.
Put on your dancing shoes because on Friday, November 27th attendees of the Festival of Lights in downtown Summerland will be treated to a ‘Country Christmas’. The Festival of Lights is the premier holiday event to kick off Christmas in the South Okanagan and regularly attracts approx. 6000 guests.
We are excited to announce that this year’s Main Stage performers are the Chris Buck Band and Robyn and Ryleigh.
Chris Buck Band was the BC Country Music Association’s 2014 Country Club Act of the Year, opening for such artists as Sam Hunt and performing at some of Canada’s biggest music festivals, including the Rockin’ River Music Fest and Sunfest. The Lower Mainland band’s live shows are an energetic mix of a country/reggae/rock sound that make dancing easy.
Also performing will be Robyn & Ryleigh, an emerging country/pop duo from Langley, who recently signed to Royalty Records (Sony). The songwriting sisters have a sound that blends traditional acoustic country and modern rock with an upbeat mood.
So embrace the Country spirit by wearing your cowboy boots and hats.
The 28th annual Light Up wouldn’t be complete without the amazing display of fireworks and interactive ice sculptures created live during the evening. 2015 will also see the return of festival favourites such as Santa’s workshop and photos with Santa, the Kid Zone and other activities with a Country twist.
The Festival of Lights 2015 is proud to welcome back its key partners the District of Summerland, Summerland Credit Union, Progressive Waste Solutions, Nester’s Market and IGA Summerland and its gold sponsors, The Summerland Waterfront Resort, RBC Royal Bank, True Grain Bread and The Summerland Motel.
Full details and updates are available here on our website, and on Facebook at Summerland Festival of Lights. We also have our What’s on Guide 2015 for you to print off!
Chris Buck Band
Robyn & Ryleigh
Schedule of Events
5:00pm – 9:00pm: Downtown merchants, Gift and food vendors open to welcome festival goers
5:00pm — The Santa Claus Parade begins! See cowgirls, some of the characters from Frozen, stiltwalkers and even Santa himself!
5:15pm - Main Stage entertainment starts on Main Street:
- 5:15 pm Trout Creek Elementary School Choir
- 5:30 pm Beamer Wigley
- 6 pm Robyn & Ryleigh
- 6:50 & 7:01 pm Montessori School Choir
- 7:15 pm Chris Buck Band (on stage following light up countdown)
7:00pm LIGHT-UP! Thousands will count down to the dramatic moment when all of the downtown holiday lights are switched on.
8:30pm - FIREWORKS! Head to Jubilee Rd. to watch the stunning fireworks.
Events running all evening:
- Twitter Wall at Main Stage (#slandlightup)
- Photos with Santa
- Ice Sleigh: From 5–7 pm carvers will be creating a 4-seater interactive sleigh ice sculpture in front of Nester’s Market. Get your photo taken on the sleigh!
- Santa’s Workshop Craft event at Summerland Credit Union
- Letters to Santa at the Post Office
- Ice Carving: Along with a 4-person ice carved sleigh at Nesters, a second carver will be sculpting a Country themed piece on Main St. by Just Delicious Sushi.
- Bottleneck Drive tasting room — Summerland Gold & Silver Exchange
- Season Sparkles at Summerland Art Gallery
- Fishing Pond children’s game on Victoria Road.
- Annual Chilli Night at IOOF Hall on Main Street
- Games and Activities at the United Church (Henry Ave)
- Photo Booths & Boards (#slandlightup)
- ATV train in Memorial Park
- Pony Rides in Memorial Park
- Two bouncy castles: Dino Castle, and a 30-foot long Firetruck
- Ride “El Diablo”: Post Office Parking Lot until 9 pm.
- Wandering street performers.