NEW SHUTTLE BUS
This year you don’t have to worry about finding parking in downtown Summerland…take our new shuttle bus! The bus will begin @ 5PM taking you up the hill from the Summerfair Plaza area on Hwy 97 up to the festival grounds and will get you back down to the plaza area when you are ready to depart. Best of all…this is a FREE SERVICE!! Click Here For Details
If your child is lost or you find a lost child, please report to Summerland Community Policing located next to CIBC and just across from the stage. Announcement of Lost Child to be coordinated between the Summerland Community Policing and Stage Manager. Stage Manager/Emcee will announce description of the lost child over the stage PA. Lost Child will remain at Summerland Community Policing safe in their vehicle with staff until parent arrives.
31st Annual Summerland Festival of Lights
Join us on Friday, November 30, 2018
in downtown Summerland for amazing
entertainment, *NEW* Family fun Zone,
great shopping, delicious food
and an unforgettable atmosphere!
Santa Procession: 5:00 pm
Hillside Outlaws: 5:15-5:50 pm
Nicole Sumerlyn: 6:00-6:45 pm
Light-up: 7:00 pm
Main Stage: Thousands will count down to the dramatic moment when all of the downtown holiday lights are switched on!
Family Fun Zone: Watch as we “Light Up” a GIANT Holiday tree in Memorial park
Cod Gone Wild: 7:15-8:15 pm
Fireworks: 8:30 pm
Here are some of the things that you can look forward to seeing this year at the 31st Annual Summerland Festival of Lights!
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Downtown merchants, gift & food vendors will be open
5:00 pm – The Santa Claus Procession begins! See beautiful Clydesdale horses our Royalty, some festive characters, and Santa himself!
5:00 pm – RE/MAX Main Stage
- 5:15 pm Hillside Outlaws
- 6:00 pm Nicole Sumerlyn
- 7:00 pm LIGHT-UP! Thousands will count down to the dramatic moment when all of the downtown holiday lights are switched on
- 7:15 pm Cod Gone Wild
- 8:30 pm –FIREWORKS! Presented by Summerland Credit Union and can be seen from all over Downtown Summerland!
Events & Activities:
- Ice Sculptures presented by Nesters Food Market Ice carvers will be creating ice sculptures from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. A live carving station will be set up on Main St. & an interactive piece will be carved right in front of Nesters
- Selfies with Santa!! Santa and Mrs. Claus will be roaming around the Festival just waiting to hear what you want for Christmas and to take selfies with you!! Santa will be available from 5:15 pm – 8:00 pm
- Santa’s Workshop by Summerland Credit Union Crafts, face painting & activities at Summerland Credit Union on Victoria Rd.
- Letters to Santa Visit the elves at the Post Office to fill out and mail your letter to Santa on Victoria Rd.
- Bottleneck Drive tasting rooms at Main Street Yoga Studio & the Summerland Arts Centre on Wharton St. It’s a $5 donation which 100% goes towards the Food Bank. From 5-8pm.
- Gingerbread Man Decorating Station by the RDOS on Main St.
- Seasons Sparkles at Summerland Arts on Wharton St.
- Old fashioned Christmas! Enjoy popcorn, crafts for kids, Mary Trainer who will sign her new book and door prizes at Summerland Museum on Wharton St.
- Fishing Pond Children’s Game by Summerland Kinsmen on Victoria Rd.
- Annual Chili Night at IOOF Hall on Main St. Tickets $5.00 – Hot bowl of yummy chili and a drink. Wine baskets and crafts too!!
- The Summerland United Church on Henry Ave.
Warming/Rest/Bathroom Station: a place where people can come in and warm-up, rest- up and use the bathroom.
They welcome folks to purchase their food at a food vendor and then come and eat it at the church.
Hot Meal: Mac & Cheese, carrot and celery sticks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice served available for purchase from 5:00 – 7:00pm.
Bake sale and crafts (advent wreath) and colouring table
- Shoppers Drug Mart Photo Booth
- Character Greetings Visit Olaf & Elsa at Rock Star District
- RodeoBull at the corner of Main St. & Victoria Rd.
- Fun “Hi-Striker” game by Strike One For Fun on Kelly Ave.
- Contest & Prize at New Country 100.7 tent
- Roving Fire Dancing Street Entertainment by Kinshira Performance Troupe
- Many great food and gift vendors
- Fabulous shopping in Summerland’s Festive Downtown
- Twitter Wall at Main Stage
- Festival information at Tourism Summerland tent on Main St.
- Family entertainment on the Family Fun Zone Stage – CLICK HERE for full details
- ATV Train by Summerland ATV Club
- Pony Rides by Red Barn Ranch
- Vendors and Food Trucks
- Interactive Games by Unisus International School
- Bouncy Castle
- GIANT Holiday Tree Light up @ 7pm
- Arts & Crafts tent from 6-8 pm – Free of charge
- Face Painting
- Glitter Tattoos
- MUCH MUCH MORE!!
Any questions, please contact:
Summerland Chamber of Commerce
Phone: (250) 494-2686