Here are some of the things that you can look forward to seeing this year at the 31st Annual Summerland Festival of Lights!
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Downtown merchants, gift & food vendors will be open
5:00 pm – The Santa Claus Procession begins! See beautiful Clydesdale horses our Royalty, some festive characters, and Santa himself!
5:00 pm – RE/MAX Main Stage
- 5:15 pm Hillside Outlaws
- 6:00 pm Nicole Sumerlyn
- 7:00 pm LIGHT-UP! Thousands will count down to the dramatic moment when all of the downtown holiday lights are switched on
- 7:15 pm Cod Gone Wild
- 8:30 pm –FIREWORKS! Presented by Summerland Credit Union and can be seen from all over Downtown Summerland!
Events & Activities:
- Ice Sculptures presented by Nesters Food Market Ice carvers will be creating ice sculptures from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. A live carving station will be set up on Main St. & an interactive piece will be carved right in front of Nesters
- Selfies with Santa!! Santa and Mrs. Claus will be roaming around the Festival just waiting to hear what you want for Christmas and to take selfies with you!! Santa will be available from 5:15 pm – 8:00 pm
- Santa’s Workshop by Summerland Credit Union Crafts, face painting & activities at Summerland Credit Union on Victoria Rd.
- Letters to Santa Visit the elves at the Post Office to fill out and mail your letter to Santa on Victoria Rd.
- Bottleneck Drive tasting rooms at Main Street Yoga Studio & the Summerland Arts Centre on Wharton St. It’s a $5 donation which 100% goes towards the Food Bank. From 5-8pm.
- Gingerbread Man Decorating Station by the RDOS on Main St.
- Seasons Sparkles at Summerland Arts on Wharton St.
- Old fashioned Christmas! Enjoy popcorn, crafts for kids, Mary Trainer who will sign her new book and door prizes at Summerland Museum on Wharton St.
- Fishing Pond Children’s Game by Summerland Kinsmen on Victoria Rd.
- Annual Chili Night at IOOF Hall on Main St. Tickets $5.00 – Hot bowl of yummy chili and a drink. Wine baskets and crafts too!!
- The Summerland United Church on Henry Ave.
Warming/Rest/Bathroom Station: a place where people can come in and warm-up, rest- up and use the bathroom.
They welcome folks to purchase their food at a food vendor and then come and eat it at the church.
Hot Meal: Mac & Cheese, carrot and celery sticks, coffee, tea, hot chocolate and juice served available for purchase from 5:00 – 7:00pm.
Bake sale and crafts (advent wreath) and colouring table
Crafts: An Advent Wreath and colouring table
- Shoppers Drug Mart Photo Booth
- Character Greetings Visit Olaf & Elsa at Rock Star District
- RodeoBull at the corner of Main St. & Victoria Rd.
- Fun “Hi-Striker” game by Strike One For Fun on Kelly Ave.
- Contest & Prize at New Country 100.7 tent
- Roving Fire Dancing Street Entertainment by Kinshira Performance Troupe
- Many great food and gift vendors
- Fabulous shopping in Summerland’s Festive Downtown
- Twitter Wall at Main Stage
- Festival information at Tourism Summerland tent on Main St.
*NEW* Family Fun Zone @ Memorial Park
- Family entertainment on the Family Fun Zone Stage
- ATV Train by Summerland ATV Club
- Pony Rides by Red Barn Ranch
- Vendors and Food Trucks
- Interactive Games by Unisus International School
- Bouncy Castle
- GIANT Holiday Tree Light up @ 7pm
- Arts & Crafts tent from 6-8 pm – Free of charge
- Face Painting
- Glitter Tattoos
- MUCH MUCH MORE!!
- Activities continue on Saturday, November 25th:
Any questions, please contact:
Summerland Chamber of Commerce
Phone: (250) 494-2686