Here are some of the things that you can look forward to seeing this year at Summerland’s 30th Festival of Lights!
5:00 pm – 9:00 pm: Downtown merchants, gift & food vendors will be open
5:00 pm – Entertainment starts on Main Street:
- 5:15 pm Timbre Wolves
- 6:00 pm Groundswell
- 7:15 pm Nice Horse (on stage following the light-up countdown)
7:00 pm LIGHT-UP! Thousands will count down to the dramatic moment when all of the downtown holiday lights are switched on
Events & Activities:
- Amazing Fireworks presented by Summerland Credit Union at 8:30 pm
- Main Stage presented by RE/MAX Orchard Country Live entertainment from 5:00 pm – 8:30 pm
- Ice Sculptures presented by Nesters Food Market Ice carvers will be creating ice sculptures from 5:00 pm – 7:00 pm. A live carving station will be set up on Main St. & an interactive piece will be carved right in front of Nesters
- Photo’s with Santa presented by IGA – Kid Zone at the Summerland United Church on Henry Ave. Santa will be available from 5:15 pm – 8:00 pm
- Santa’s Workshop by Summerland Credit Union Crafts & Activities at Summerland Credit Union on Victoria Rd.
- Letters to Santa Visit the elves at the Post Office to fill out and mail your letter to Santa on Victoria Rd.
- Bottleneck Drive tasting room at Main Street Yoga Studio & the Summerland Arts Centre on Wharton St.
- Gingerbread Man Decorating Station by the RDOS on Main St.
- Season Sparkles at Summerland Art Gallery on Wharton St.
- Old fashioned Christmas! at Summerland Museum on Wharton St
- Fishing Pond Children’s Game by Summerland Kinsmen on Victoria Rd.
- Annual Chilli Night at IOOF Hall on Main St.
- Games & Activities at the Summerland United Church on Henry Ave.
- Photo Booths & Boards (#slandlightup)
- Games & Prizes by Fortis BC
- Character Greetings Visit Olaf & Elsa at Rock Star District
- New Story Circle on Main St.
- New Children’s Stage in Memorial Park
- ATV Train by Summerland ATV Club in Memorial Park
- Pony Rides by Red Barn Ranch in Memorial Park
- Two Bouncy Castles presented by IGA – Kid Zone on Main St. & Victoria Rd.
- Character Greetings Visit Baymax, Bob the Minion, Spiderman & Captain America by Random Acts of Costuming
- Ride “El Diablo” at the corner of Main St. & Victoria Rd.
- Fun “Hi-Striker” game by Strike One For Fun on Kelly Ave.
- Contest & Prize at New Country 100.7 tent
- Roving Street Entertainment by Kinshira Performance Troupe
- Many great food and gift vendors
- Fabulous shopping in Summerland’s Festive Downtown
- Twitter Wall at Main Stage
- Festival information at Tourism Summerland tent on Main St.
Activities continue on Saturday, November 25th: