Children of all ages come to Festival of Lights to be entertained and awed by the lights and atmosphere. Here are just a few of the things happening this year that your kids won’t want to miss:
- Santa Procession: Santa arrives 5 pm, accompanied by his troupe of Christmas cowgirls. You won’t want to miss Santa’s carriage, which will be pulled by two beautiful Clydesdale horses.
- Photos with Santa: Santa will be in the new Library from 5:15 pm – 8:00 pm. If you are interested in ordering photos this year, please visit our photographer’s website here for rates.
- Santa’s Workshop, sponsored by Summerland Credit Union. Kids can make their own holiday craft at this popular event.
- Kids Zone! Sponsored by IGA Summerland. Children can burn off some energy in two bouncy castles, before getting their photo taken with Santa in the brand new Summerland Public Library on Main Street.
- Gingerbread Man decorating station, presented by the RDOS! Visit them on Main street in front of the library!
- Pony rides in Memorial Park
- Letters to Santa program. Visit the elves at the Post Office to fill out and mail your letter to Santa.
- Fun Games: High striker, fishing pond, and more. Kids are invited to visit the annual Fishing Booth, hosted by Summerland Kinsmen, in front of the Summerland Review.