2017 Schedule of Events TBA
2016 Schedule of Events:
Check out our What’s on Guide 2016 for a full list of events and some of the things you can look forward to seeing this year!
5:00pm- 9:00pm: Downtown merchants, Gift and food vendors open to welcome festival goers
5:00pm – The Santa Claus Procession begins! See our royalty in antlers, some of the characters from Frozen, and Santa himself!
5:15pm – Main Stage entertainment starts on Main Street:
- 5:15 pm Trout Creek Elementary School Choir
- 5:30 pm Groundswell
- 6 pm Lisa Nicole
- 6:50 & 7:01 pm Montessori School Choir
- 7:15 pm Me and Mae (on stage following light up countdown)
7:00pm LIGHT-UP! Thousands will count down to the dramatic moment when all of the downtown holiday lights are switched on.
8:30pm – FIREWORKS! Head to Jubilee Rd. to watch the stunning fireworks.
Events running all evening
- Photo’s with Santa at the Summerland Library
- Main Stage entertainment from 5:00 pm — 8:00 pm presented by Re/max Orchard Country
- Ice Sculptures: From 5–7 pm carvers will be creating an interactive ice throne sculpture in front of Nester’s Market. Get your photo taken in Santa’s Chair!
- Santa’s Workshop Craft event at Summerland Credit Union
- Letters to Santa at the Post Office
- Ice Carving: Along with an interactive ice carved “Santa’s Chair” at Nesters, a second carver will be sculpting a Christmas themed piece on Main St. by Just Delicious Sushi.
- Bottleneck Drive tasting room — Summerland Gold & Silver Exchange and the BeadTrails Experience store
- Gingerbread Man Decorating Station by the RDOS in front of the Summerland Library
- Brand new “Presence/ts on Wharton St Art Installation”, an outdoor Christmas light art installation combining thousands of lights and apple bins
- Season Sparkles at Summerland Art Gallery
- Fishing Pond children’s game on Victoria Road.
- Annual Chilli Night at IOOF Hall on Main Street
- Games and Activities at the United Church (Henry Ave)
- Photo Booths & Boards (#slandlightup)
- ATV train in Memorial Park
- Pony Rides in Memorial Park
- Two bouncy castles: Dino Castle, and a 30-foot long Firetruck
- Ride “El Diablo”: Corner of Main St and Victoria Rd Lot until 9 pm.
- Fun “Hi-Striker” game on Kelly Ave
- Encaustic card making demos at the BeadTrails Experience store
- Wandering street performers from Kinshira
- Tons of great food and gift vendors
- Fabulous shopping in Summerland’s festive downtown
- Twitter Wall at Main Stage